Members of the European Parliament
Ladies and Gentlemen,
honorable Members of the European Parliament, human rights activists and friends
The targeted expulsions, persecutions and barbaric murder and abuse of Yazidis, Christians and other religious and ethnic minorities in Iraq does not end. Since 03 August 2014 are still more than 5,000 yazidi children, women and men in the hands of the Islamists. Children are forcibly recruited, captured women and girls raped, tortured, and treated as “spoils of war” and sexual slaves in Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and other Islamic countries for a few dollars. Men are faced with the choice of forced conversion to Islam, torture and cruel executions. The targeted and barbaric murder of thousands of Yazidis are to be interpreted as a genocide. The many yazidi mass graves are further evidence of genocide against the Yazidi people.
There are still more than 300,000 Yazidis on the run. In the refugee camps, there are still tents, food and medical care missing. Especially, the many children suffer from the unbearable situation in the refugee camps.
The genocide against the Yazidis proves once again that local governments in Iraq are not able or not willing to protect the religious and ethnic minorities and their rights.
We ask you
- to recognize the thousands of targeted killings against Yazidis as a genocide
- and support a full investigation by an international commission of inquiry and the prosecution of those responsible in front of an international tribunal such as the International Criminal Tribunal in The Hague;
- to stand up for the liberation of still more than 5,000 yazidi children, women and men and install diplomatic pressure on the Iraqi central government in Baghdad/Iraq, the Kurdish Regional Government in Erbil/Iraq and Sunni tribe leaders in Iraq;
- to work for the liberation of the occupied yazidi territories by Islamists in northern Iraq;
- to support the immediate establishment of a protection zone of yazidi areas under international control;
- for greater humanitarian help and medical and psychological care for traumatized people in refugee camps;
- for more refugee quotas for Yazidis and Christians from Iraq in Europe.We are thankful for your involvmentBrussels,
23. March 2015 European Yazidi Communities